This project came up in a conversation with a friend. She was telling me her issues about dieting. I asked her how she shared her progress with the nutritionist. I was astonished by her answer, she had to send an excel attachment by email. Really?? In 2018??
After this conversation, I decided to develop a mobile app that would fulfil this function and others.
When I started my research focus in the buyer persona dieting needs and concerns I have found out the following insights.
- People feel lonely when dieting.
- They think that food they ´re allowed to eat is boring and monotonous.
- Keeping their social life up it´s a hardship.
- They easily feel dull.
- They haven´t any knowledge about nutrition.
With these premises, I began to define how the app would be like.
Once I was clear about the content I launched a survey via google form to check if my hypothesis were correct.
Out of 184 responses to the test, the following information came up:
- 70.5% of the people interested were women
- People´s age was between 30-50 years old
- They had a basic knowledge of nutrition
- They are conscious of what they eat
- 74.3% of people have been on a diet once.
- 56.7% of them use Instagram.
- 46% feel alone while dieting.
- 32% use an app to register the data.
- 70% would like to share their achievements.
To relieve the buyer persona frustration, obtained by my research, I´ ve developed this features:
- On the topic of loneliness, I´ve considered creating a network of nutritionists who will administer the tool guiding and advising users to meet their daily achievements. Obviously, this feature would be only in “the Last Plan” premium version.
- Concerning the issue of eating repetitively, users will be advice and meal recipes share to relieve their frustration.
- They can share their frustrations and achievements with other members of The Last Plan Community as well read a post about people´s tricks to reach their goals day by day.
- To be motivated in the app there will be a ranking to measure your goals about food, physical activity, mood and weight with other people.
- And obviously, the chance to fill your daily goals
When the mockup was available I tested with several people and the general conclusion was that it´s a quite helpful app and very easy to navegate.